Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Drew's First Day of First Grade

Drew started school this year on August 11th. So early, I feel like the weather should be cooling down because it's fall and school has started but it's not it's 102 and forecasted to be 108 tomorrow. Drew is doing great though. He has made the adjustment to all day school better than I thought he would. As a kid I remember always needing a nap the first few weeks after school started. Not Drew he still looks for ways to stay up past his bedtime. He is having fun with his friends and new teacher. I miss him and find my days have been really short, especially when I am driving the carpool. By the time I get home it's time to start dinner where as last year I had a few hours to relax when we got home. My mornings fly by with both boys gone (Chaz started preschool! more to come on that later). I hope his behavior stays as good as it has been the last 2 weeks!!

I couldn't find my camera so the cell phone pictures aren't the best quality but at least I got some.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a handsome guy! Glad the first few weeks have gone well. That is early to start school. Much earlier than it used to be. Glad to see you are back to blogging! :) Rachel starts preschool next week and then next year she'll go to full-day kindergarten (that's how they do it in Texas). Crazy! Looking forward to pictures of Chaz. :)

Katie said...

Cannot believe you have a first grader! He looks so handsome and grown up. I'm glad he's adjusting so well.

Angie said...

Drew was so fun to have around last weekend! Love that kid