Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Sunday Dinner


We had a special dinner Sunday night with his great grandma Nancy and great aunt Duffy. I cooked Drew's favorite rice pilaf and we ate lemon chicken, a green salad, and corn with it. For dessert we had Cake and ice cream. We let Drew open presents from them and from his Nana and Papa who live in Denver. They are always so good about remembering birthdays and Christmas. Drew's package came on Friday and he was dying to open it the second he saw his name on it. Once he unwrapped it he asked his dad to take it out of the box for him. He loved the gift from them and it kept him occupied for hours. I was able to frost his cake without him standing over my shoulder. Drew also had mail to open from them and his great grandma Kate. He loved getting letters in the mail for him. We appreciate all the wonderful family members and friends who helped us celebrate. I still don't feel old enough to have a four year old!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Looks like the party was a success. I miss you guys! I wish you could be here to help me plan Quinn's first birthday party.

Julie K said...

How thoughtless of you, ruining a kid's birthday like that! What a hilarious story! You did a fantastic job on that cake.
We were bummed our Bakersfield trip wasn't longer (because can anyone ever get enough of Bakersfield??) because we really didn't get to hang out with you guys much. Thanks for making those cute bows for the girls--I think Jos will wear it to gymnastics tomorrow, she has a red white and blue leo. You totally need to have a girl! My third one was a girl, so a pattern has been established already. But if you have a tomboy like Josie, I think it may drive both you and her crazy.