Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Utah Trip

We spent almost 2 weeks in Utah in June the 16-27. It was so much fun to see and catch up with friends and just relax. We stayed in Heber but usually ended up in Provo. I drove both ways with the boys and my parents. The kids were pretty good and my parents were really patient with us. We stopped in St. George on the way up and Barstow on the way back to break the trip up. Visiting Utah makes me miss all the fun I had living there. When we moved I never looked back. I didn't feel sad about leaving until I came back to visit. Luckily I plan on visiting more often now that my parents will be back there more. It was so green and beautiful. The kids enjoyed swimming and playing outside. Of course a trip of ours wouldn't be complete without one of the kids having to go to the doctor. Chaz had an ear infection and Strep throat.
Believe it or not I slept in between these two that night. This was our first night of the trip when we stayed in a hotel in St. George. They wouldn't go to sleep and the next morning when we took this I couldn't get them to wake up!
Here are the kids hanging around the house playing outside and sleeping with grandma.
















I got to spend some time with one of my best friends and former roommates Katie. I met her little boy Quinn for the first time and he is so cute. She was so fun to be around. She was so kind to drive all over to spend time with us and a big help with the kids to. We went to Pizza Factory (one of our favorite places to eat Katie loves the bread sticks and the never on Sundae is my favorite dessert anywhere!) Chaz enjoyed his first Never on Sundae and we had fun meeting up at Thanksgiving Point. The kids enjoyed some candy while we waited for Katie and Quinn.
I also got to see my good friend Leigh and spend time with her and her kids. She just had a baby boy Ian and I enjoyed watching her be such a good mom to her three kids. We went swimming with them and Drew had so much fun playing with Britten and Sarah he was crying when we left.
The trip home we watched movies and talked. Chaz doesn't watch t.v. yet though so it was more difficult to keep him entertained. Looks like my sister will be there in August so I am tempted to make the trip again.

2 comments:

the family thorpe said...

Looks too fun. We are so sad we didn't make it.

loven it! said...

you are soooo cute!! i am so glad you will be here more often. we love to see you! ian has been wearing that darling outfit you gave him.