Thursday, October 30, 2008

Kjell's Birthday

My postings have been slowing down but today is a day I wanted to make sure was remembered in our house. Kjell turned 29 today and while I think having a birthday the day before Halloween would not be fun Kjell had a pretty enjoyable day. He went to work but left there about midday and went to lunch with his friends, who treated him, and then to play golf for the rest of the afternoon, also on his friends and coworkers (ah the life of an insurance agent). I did have to interject when he told me he was going that he didn't take the afternoon off on my birthday, I didn't get any time away from my job that day but this is about Kjell. Then this evening we cooked a nice dinner and had cake and ice cream.
Kjell already received his gift this year a few weeks ago he went to a World Series Playoff game at Dodger Stadium. And although they lost that night and then lost that series he said it was still a great gift. I don't think I give Kjell enough credit for all he does for me and our family. I love that for the most part I feel like we are a team. He is such a good dad that Chaz cries everyday when he sees Kjell leave for work and both kids are by his side the second he walks in the door. He is patient with me and I hope he knows I love and appreciate him. I hope you had a wonderful birthday Kjell and that your wish comes true.

6 comments:

Angie said...

Happy Birthday Kjell. Hope you enjoyed your day. We miss hanging out with you guys, especially Wil loved dressing up like you and going to the movies. Ha Ha

My Five Little Monkeys said...

Happy Birthday yesterday! I am sorry I missed it--at the very least I could have left a comment on the blog. And that would have been the VERY least because I spend a good portion of each day blogging! Great Job on the cake, Sarah. Wow, 29. You are almost old.

loven it! said...

happy birthday kjell! love your cake! so does britten. he is so into spiders right now.

Sarah said...

Thanks Julie but I didn't make it, I bought it on sale at the grocery store.

the binghams. said...

happy birthday kjell- i can't believe the brother closest to me in age is 29.... what is happening to us? i loved this post Sarah, it made me cry. (that will come to no surprise to Kjell but i really don't cry ALL the time anymore!) I love Kjell. After all the years of torture (it was, seriously) I really enjoy him! I especially love seeing him with Drew and Chaz, I think he is such a great dad and its so fun to see us all grown up with our spouses. I think we've all picked spouses who compliment us and you and Kjell are no exception- you really are a great team. Its so fun seeing you guys in blogs but I wish we got to see each other more often! we're going to CO for 2 weeks at the beg. of March- meet us there!

I love you Kjell!

the binghams. said...

Sarah- yes, blog comment conversations!!

I totally understand! I hope we're able to afford it in March since that's what we are planning on. I want to give my parents and the rest of the family in CO at least a little more time with Daphne while she is small- it makes me so sad to think that she won't know my side of the family at all :(

I just wanted to let you know when we would be there- and I am sure we would all have more fun in CO than here for the blessing. It is Rexburg :)

My parents told us about the house- that is SO awesome- i hope it all works out! That is so exciting for you guys.