Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween

I love the fall and I have since I was young. The holidays make the time go by so fast. This year we got ready for Halloween by...

Carving Pumpkins. Chaz was really interested in the pumpkin carving this year, at one point he had his head right up in the pumpkin. Drew directed Kjell as to how he would like each pumpkin carved. Then they washed and toasted the seeds, one of Kjell's favorite snacks.
Baking Sugar Cookies. I love to bake and any excuse is welcome. I baked cookies for the Church Carnival and Drew's preschool party. My friend Brandy hosts a decorating party each year before Halloween. We all bring over our treats to decorate and sit and talk while the kids play. It was so fun to have company while frosting my cookies. I love to have someone to talk with when I am frosting because this usually takes a long time for me. Unfortunately while I was at my car loading it up with my frosted goodies Chaz decided to play in a box of ashes by the fireplace and make a mess all over her hearth and himself, I can't turn my eyes away from that boy for a minute. I had to save some cookies so Drew could help decorate them with me. He likes to eat the frosting and sprinkles more than help though.Lighting the Jacko-lanterns. Drew wanted scary pumpkins this year I think Kjell did a pretty good job.
Getting dressed to Trick or Treat. Drew wanted to be Optimus Prime this year. I looked for a Bumble Bee costume for Chaz but couldn't find it in his size so I decided to make him a vampire because he loves to Bite! I think it turned out pretty cute.
Enjoying their Treats. After Trunk-or-Treating at the church Kjell and I took the kids around our block. We came home to show grammy our spoils and then to the bath they went. I tried my hardest to get Chaz to say Trick or Treat but he wouldn't. Drew would walk right into houses and Chaz would knock on the door but then run back to us as soon as the door was opened. Now the trick is to hide the candy before it ends up half eaten and all over the house!

8 comments:

The Smith Family said...

Looks like the boys had a great time! Glad to see you blogging again Sarah!:)

Brandon, Heather & Mylie said...

How fun! SOunds like you had a blast for Halloween!

Angie said...

Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. Mady's little vampire friend looks so cute in costume. And Zach thinks Drew looks really cool as Optimus Prime

Megan Wilcox said...

The cookies looked sooo good!! and I love the boys' costumes...I didn't see you at the ward party, but then again we weren't there for long, we had too many stops to make

My Five Little Monkeys said...

I love that you love making sugar cookies too--it is a lost art, I am afraid. Your post reminded me about the year the twins were so funny about trick or treating. Jon would try and walk right into the houses, while Josie would tell people to keep their dog away from her candy bucket. We have way too many dogs here in Colorado. Gotta love all that candy.

the binghams. said...

haha I love that you made him a vampire because he loves to bite. that is awesome.

Unknown said...

It looks like Halloween was a success! You've started some fun traditions with your family. Now, why exactly are you hiding the candy? To ration it or to keep it to yourself??? :)

the binghams. said...

We just got the monkey stuff and LOVE IT!!! It is so adorable. Thanks! you guys are the best.