Sunday, April 5, 2009

Grandma Pedersen's 90th Birthday

My friend and I were talking the other day and she told me I was a bad blogger. I know it's true I have so much to blog about but when it comes down to it lately I have been lazy. When I find the time I find something else I want to do instead. Anyway I have to play catch up now.Monday March 30th we went to Bakersfield to celebrate Grandma Pedersen's 90th Birthday. The party was a lot of fun. We were able to see family from Kjell's dad's side that we see once a year at Edith's party. We also got to spend time with Kjell's other grandma at her house and then at dinner. Kjell's dad was able to come and we always love getting to see Papa. Chaz took a while to warm up but by the end of dinner he was feeding Papa his ice cream. Chaz loves to feed people and gets very offended when you don't want to eat what he's trying to give you. Edith looked wonderful and the food was great. I can't believe Suzy and Ova (Kjell's aunt and uncle) are able to do so much. Mike (Papa) was pretty proud of the cake he helped with. He made the lemon custard filling and decorated the whole cake by himself. I was sorry I didn't try that one when I heard this. I want to spend some time with Suzy in the kitchen and learn some of her Danish recipes. Kjell says his grandma was a wonderful cook too. I am glad we live close enough to celebrate Edith's birthday with her!

3 comments:

Katie said...

I hope I didn't hurt your feelings! I started the blanket!

the binghams. said...

oh how fun! i love how grandma always looks great when she knows there is going to be a party. seriously, its cute. and my dad cooked? i've never seen that except breakfast, snickerdoodles and caramel corn, i'm a bit shocked!

Angie said...

Now that's a great cake...Glad that you were able to go to the party. Can't wait to come and visit next week.