Friday, June 13, 2008

It's Official


Well my mom finally did it, she retired. Yesterday was her last day of teaching Kindergarten. For years she has been saying that it would be her last year and for some reason this year she stuck with it. I think it's because her friend Marilyn Lambert is retiring as well. They have been teaching together for the last few years and she was one of the last of my mom's close friends who still taught with her at Forkner. Today she had a sale. She sold all of her things she has purchased over the last 20 years. My friends and I went in a took books and games and whatever else we could use for our co-op preschool next year. I keep asking her if she's sad but she says no. Everyone always asks her what she's going to do now and I hear how she's going to travel, spend time with her grand kids, and do whatever she wants. I bet I will see her less now that she's retired. Here is a pic of her and Marilyn at a retirement party we went to for them. I am excited for my mom and believe she deserves to enjoy this next phase of her life.

2 comments:

My Five Little Monkeys said...

Hey, your blog looks beautiful! I liked the old one too. Cute Chaz, can't wait to see you guys next month, even though it will only be for a day.

AmyJane said...

Slightly off topic, but how are you setting up co-op preschool? I'm trying to get something going this fall as well and am looking for ideas!