Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

Here I am the night before...39 weeks!
This has been a very emotional Mother's Day for me with the anticipation of our new arrival among other things happening in life I feel very blessed to be a mother and have the life I do.

Last night I was able to go out with the girls one last time before having the baby and after a movie they surprised me with some gifts. It was so thoughtful of them, I was shocked and surprised. It made me feel very loved by the friends I have made here. Maybe it's the hormones but I am so grateful to them for their thoughtfulness and generosity. They are all wonderful examples of Mothers to me. It was fun to share some of my concerns with them and receive advise as well as share stories. I see these women in their everyday lives and watch them with their children and I am constantly humbled by what great parents they are.

I am blessed to have many sisters and sister-n-laws who are also wonderful examples and help to me. My own sisters make such efforts to help me and support me that I feel guilty for not making more of an effort with my in laws. I don't get to see them often but I think of them and love watching their families through blogs.

My mother-n-law is such a wonderful women who I have a lot of respect and love for. I remember spending a Mother's Day in Colorado with Kjell's family. I don't remember if we were married yet or not. Ann cooks Sunday dinner for her family that lives near by every week. When she was cooking the Mother's Day dinner I asked Kjell why the men weren't doing it and he said because his mom likes to. I am not sure if he was right or not I never asked. She made the entire dinner, set the table, served dinner and desert, and then did all the dishes. She never once complained or made a comment about how it was Mother's Day, she just did it. The other women helped, including me, but Ann kept telling us to relax. This is just a small example of how I always see Ann putting her family first.

My mother has become one of my best friends. She had been out of town for the last 3 weeks and I realized how much time I spend with her on a daily basis. I spend more time with her now than I did when we lived at their house. She is such a generous, patient, loving grandmother to her grandchildren. She encourages me to show more of those qualities to my kids, especially patience.

I hope you all have a wonderful Mother's Day!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

If I remember correctly tomorrow is the big day and I just wanted to wish you luck (not that you need it, you pro!). I'll be thinking about you, slightly jealous, but wishing you well all the same! :)

the binghams. said...

i just have to say this- of course, i love you. but i HATE you! look at you at 39 weeks... you look amazing! My dad said you hardly looked pregnant at the end of March and i knew he wasn't kidding but wow! You are such a great mom and I love watching you with your kids. I am so excited for you to have another! Your sister in laws love you back :)

The Smith Family said...

First, I hope all goes well with baby #3's arrival. You look amazing by the way. I'm so impressed by those who are cute pregnant girls, as I am NOT one of them by a long shot!:) I also think that was a lovely Mother's Day tribute. I sure wish I lived closer so we could hang out. Good luck with everything--you'll be in my prayers Sarah.