Sunday, May 17, 2009

Nate's First Week














Well I have to say things have gone pretty smoothly this first week. It helps that Kjell has been able to be home most of the week and I have had tons of help from friends and family. I joke that I didn't see Drew most of the week as he was kept busy by play dates, preschool , and sleep-overs at my parents.

Chaz had a difficult day on Thursday our first full day together. I came home from the hospital on Wednesday and the kids hadn't met Nate yet because the hospital wouldn't allow visitors under age 12 due to flu restrictions. They were able to visit me in the lobby of the hospital but Nate stayed up in our room with grandma. Chaz was good that first afternoon. Then Thursday he got upset about something and was so mad he started vomiting. Then the rest of the afternoon he was cranky. I took his temperature and he ended up having a low fever. So after fighting him to take Tylenol, which he usually begs for, he returned to his regular self.

Drew and Chaz had a ton of fun while I was away horse rides, staying up late, and movies who could complain?

8 comments:

Elliott's said...

Congratulations! He is so sweet.

Katie said...

Congratulations! You look great. I am so glad it has gone well. He's perfect. Love ya and thinking of you!

Angie said...

Sarah he is so cute. I love the picture of you with all your boys, and the picture of Chaz's cheesy grin...I can't wait to see him. Hope he continues to be a good baby.

Unknown said...

Glad to hear the first week went pretty well. Nate sure is precious in that last picture. Sarah, you look great! Hope all continues to go well. :)

The Smith Family said...

The pictures with all three boys are darling. I'm sure it'll take some time for the boys to adjust, change in a family always does. You look great, you MUST tell me your secrets!:) Congrats again Sarah!

Sarah said...

Oh he is just perfect! I love the picture with you and your three boys! Drew & Chaz just look so happy holding their little brother, what a special moment! You look like you're doing great! So happy for you and your family!!

Kirsten said...

Oh you guys look so cute! Your family is so sweet and you got some beautiful pictures. He is darling!! I can't wait to meet him!! Keep up the picture posting...it is fun to see how you guys are doing! Hope you are getting a chance to relax a little-well as much as you possibly can with three little boys in the house! ;-)

Ashley Schill said...

Hey Sarah! It's Ashley (Jolley) Schill, I saw your blog on Cascia's and wanted to tell you congrats! All of your boys are so cute! Sounds like you are adjusting well to 3 kids!